Sunday 5 January 2014

White Holes & Invisible Art

Untitled    Ink, & graphite  2014
It's been ten months since I started making work based on the Three Wheels Zen Garden. How time flies! I have learned and gained a lot in this period, but the artistic, philosophical and aesthetic revelations continue to unfold and reveal themselves.....

I've learned that there are different types of space and each one has it's own unique existence, or feel. Rather similar to an invisible spatial warp and weft, which weaves through our lives, holding together everything we perceive. And everything we are.

I'm also learning that space - at every level of meaning - is best expressed when clutter is kept to the barest minimum. Although that may sound like simple common sense, deciding what exactly constitutes "clutter" is not so easy to figure out.

Maybe one day my artwork will become a series of blank sheets, supported by empty blog posts. Art Invisible in a Cyber White Hole.

I like that!

Happy New Year, everyone. Here's wishing you a most peaceful and rewarding 2014.  


No comments:

Post a Comment