Saturday 26 September 2015

Deconstructing Space


"Deconstructing Space:  Ku"        Sumi ink, watercolour on paper  2015
I've been practicing with the Japanese word 'KU' (space) over the past 2 years, using ink and calligraphy brushes but never really comfortable with any of the results -not even when they were perceived as "good" by others....  I always wanted to find a way to express KU in  my own original voice. A way of expression that is truer to who/what I am.. Well, I think I'm finally getting close. (It's only taken a decade.).

This is a work-in-progress, part of a series I've just started to develop. If you are interested in seeing more, please check out my facebook artist page where I will post works as they evolve.

As always, thank you for visiting & see you next time!.

No comments:

Post a Comment