Thursday 2 June 2016

Breakin' Convention 2016

The Ruggeds in mid flow in my sketchbook!
Last week a cutting edge hiphop dance show called "Breakin' Convention 2016" came to my area and performed at a local university to a fully packed house. The show was incredible! It all kicked off at 7pm and I sat, transfixed, in the middle of it all with trusty sketchbook in lap, drawing materials to hand and a great big ear-to-ear grin all across my ever loving face....

Hella yeah!


The video piece is from Iron Skulls, the troupe from Spain. I love how well they integrate architecture and space in their work. And this is only one example from so many good performances!

Seriously, if you get the chance, do see Breakin' Convention UK Tour. It's better than a vitamin shot! 

(A few more drawings here)

No comments:

Post a Comment